Development Version: editor.printess.com/v/nightly/
This is our current version under development. It will give you the latest and greatest features but is not intended for production use and may contain issues while we are still working on it. Once we are convinced that these features are ready for release we will create a new fixed version and make it the current stable version after testing.
Current Stable Version: editor.printess.com
This is the permalink to our latest stable version recommended for production. It always contains the actual version and related bug fixes and is checked by our test automation and QA angels.
Version 1.1.0 - 2022-06-15
- New Zoom Button for buyer side. The drop down also features quick zoom to left page, right page and complete view of a spread in facing page documents.
- contentTemplate (Editor property) for template switching while trying to preserve user edited content from a formerly edited template by supplying the sessions save token.
- Arrange, Add and Delete Pages in a book.
- Control Groups for Form Fields to allow for splitted one line input (e.g. dial code drop down + phone number input). Added configurable digit grouping for phone numbers.
- Filter list-type Form Fields based on other form fields. This allows for one form field being the category selection and the other form field getting filtered by it. Additionally Printess makes sure that a category change still results in a valid value for the filtered form field.
- Allow for PDF uploads on buyer side including limiting the upload to the safer PDF/X-4 format.
Bugfixes & Improvements
- Icon for custom (Photo) Snippets Tabs has gotten a nice new drop down to select symbol.
- Filter Layout Snippets based on the documents aspect ratio (for flex documents).
- Fixed size offsets for flex documents.
- White Cusrsor option in cases where an inverse cursor just not cut it.
- Read/Copy text from another single line or path text programmaticly.
- Empty Pages Validation avoid users accidently leave empty pages in their photo books.
- Removed Lock Cover Inside in photo book settings as it has gotten obsolete (use Page Navigation - Icons Mode and a separate cover document instead).
- Render Single Line- and Path Text for engraving as a uninionized path without overlaps.
- Massive speed improvement for thumbnail generation.
Version 1.0.0 - 2022-05-01
- New photo/Snippets Tab - This complete new UI concepts is ideal for all kind of photo products or products where buyers should have freedom to design what they want. It’s higly customizable an provides a place as well as custom icons for all buyer elements like photos, snippets and form fields.
Bugfixes & Improvements
- Selectable Folder Path to go to the folder of a search result.
- Added Photo Stickers Tab to My Images.
- Behaviour Change: Preview pages can only be zoomed and panned. No items can be selected.
- ‘Is Document Step’ is now also selectable in the document properties menu
- We redesigned the buyer view appearance dialogue again as with all the new added functionality from the snippets tab we wanted to tidy up.
- New Expert Mode Feature allows experienced buyers to switch all editable frames to be moveable and deletable without setting these buyer side properties.
- Last but not least: We took some extra effort to fix numerous small bugs which had always been low on our list.
Version 0.9.9 - 2022-03-22
- New Engraving functionality - Create all kinds of engraving and laser products (read more)
- No Code editor for Styles - Create and edit styles without any code
- Granular control for the appearance of the Add To Cart and Exit Button via translations (read more)
- New Image fit mode AI. Now we can detect faces in an uploaded image and automatically adjust cropping to focus on them (read more)
- New Photo Book mode which allows adding and removing pages on Buyer Side (read more)
- Granular Control for Buyer Side frame style. Professional and Simple edit modes are now available.
- Finally! Page Navigation with live Thumbnails! (read more)
- New Feature: Merge template styles / template form fields.
Styles are appended at the end of the existing styles (=> they can overwrite styles)
Template form fields are inserted or replaced. Existing form fields are overwritten.(read more)
- Buyer Side theming in the account portal. (read more)
- Inline editing for all text types (single line, multi line and even path text) works on Desktop and Mobile. Single line text & path text inline editing can be separately activated for DESKTOP & MOBILE. (read more)
- New feature: Upload Handwriting Image. If turned on, a user can upload an image with handwriting into a multi line text. This feature is only active if Rich Text editing is enabled on desktop and mobile. (read more)
Bugfixes & Improvements
- Merge settings moved to template preferences and now also allow to disable page content merge to allow for pure resource merges
- Group and Layout Snippets allow for custom thumbnails now
- Custom and color picker option for buyer side
- Image Groups with search option for image libraries
- Invert image filter option for buyers
- Show page buttons for page navigation can now be set independently for desktop and mobile.
- New Short-Cut for Rich Text Editing. CTRL/COMMAND “+” und “-” scales the entire text up and down.
- doc.name === “xxx” and doc.mode === “display” || “production” can now get used in conditions
- Fit Text to Frame can now also reduce font size while typing to let text fit. Reducing happens always to the next smaller font size.
- Font Size list for buyer side is now editable.
- Zoom Padding added to allow for page zoom adjustment independent from pasteboard.
- AllowZoomAndPan will now only affect the user’s ability to zoom and pan. Even with the option turned off, Printess will still zoom in on edited items on mobile and to steps on desktop if zoom-mode is set to frame.
- New Photobook feature Add Frames from Layer. The ability to select a layer from which all frames are copied when creating new spreads on the buyer side.
Version 0.9.4 - 2022-01-12
- Frame resizing with pressing OPTION - (Mac) or ALT - (Win) will resize around the center point.
- Condition editor in the style editor and in form fields (write if:$ in a style to start the editor without a condition)
- New dialogue Buyer View Appearance features a preview of Buyer Side UI (read more)
- Buyer font change for Single Line Text & Path Text (read more)
- Fit Text To Frame for multi line text frames (read more)
- Image Filter Snippets for self made stunning effects selectable for uploaded images on buyer side (read more)
- Invert sub documents for engraving previews (read more)
- Added versioning for the UIHelper (getting-started branches) (read more)
Bugfixes & Improvements
- Improved navigation and ok button in mobile UI
- Added Menu in mobile top navbar (undo/redo, first/last step, etc.)
- Added Step Tabs for navigating through steps for desktop and mobile, improved badge-list positioning
- Images are now directly distributed on upload
- Added Ui Hints for “Change Layout” button (desktop & mobile) and Add Design “Plus” (only mobile).
- Animated basket button for better visibility and call to action.
- Sub-Documents can be renamed and still keep their references (don’t need to get reselected in documents where they are used)
- Sub documents are rendered with the size of the placed frame, instead of the sub document size
- Placeholder image now appears as an option for images and new images.
- Pixel mask effect moved to image feature settings (where it belongs)
- Buyer side UI hints (controllable via Buyer View Appearance settings) (read more)
Version 0.9.3 - 2021-11-18
From now on every new Printess version also have a freeze version available to our users. Instead of using the current stable version which is always available under editor.printess.com we offer fixed versions to customers who would like to ensure that functionality does not change for them if we change our stable version. The Freeze Version URL will be noted in the changelog under each new version - e.g. for this version the Freeze Version can be found under the url: https://editor.printess.com/v/0.9.3/
Conditional disclosure for Form Fields - Show Form fields based on conditions (read more)
New form field ui-mode color-list made for fast creation of color selection form fields (without the need to create images for the UI) (read more)
‘Clear’ on editing and ‘Don’t print if unchanged’ buyer side property for Single Line Text, Multiline Text and Text on Path (read more)
Auto distribute for images making it super easy for buyers to configure documents with a lot of images (read more)
Granular control of the steps markup. One can now determine whether to show title or badge for steps.
Control the maximum preview resolution of images for the buyer side
New General Buyer Side Settings (read more)
- Disable, enable Page Navigation, Undo Redo Buttons on document level.
- New UI element Page Buttons for page navigation in the view container.
- New UI element My Images Tab keeps your images always in view.
Frame-Steps have a new option “Hide Frame” when turned on, the Frame is no longer selectable via mouse or touch but only via next step button. In addition the frame border remains hidden, even when selected. (read more)
Bugfixes & Improvements
- Up to 5x faster warp effects!
- Enhanced mobile UI
- Enhanced preview resolution management for images
- Auto focus a specific frame when a page is visited on buyer side
- Added Image-Id Form Field type with predefined aspect ratio for images assigned via Form Field
- Allow Zoom & Pan for document pages is moved to general Buyer Side settings
- Add arrow-key (up/down) controls to Length-Box and all number inputs. All numbers with or without units (positions, paddings, effects …) can now be increased by pressing arrow-up and decreased by pressing arrow-down on the keyboard.
- New Behaviour: We changed the order of image filters. As a result sepia filtered images can now be colorized. Please check your current documents which are using saturation or hue-rotate in combination with other filters.
- New Behaviour: Zoom and Pan is only available for Images which allow “Buyer Upload” (has folder checked). The default image (The image assigned to a frame in design-mode) is no longer scaleable or cropable if the image is MANDATORY. To avoid that users get confused by zooming into the placeholder image.
- Breaking Change: Removed Automatic Preview-to-Steps conversion. Instead we display a dedicated Preview button if no steps are present.
- Is Mandatory works now also for form fields of type “image-id”
- Made single spread view the default in buyer side
- Added check for offensive language in single and multiline text
- Added validation messages and alerts for overflowing frames, missing characters, bad image quality, offensive language and unchanged mandatory personalizations. (read more)
- Added multilanguage support for buyer side editor including custom translations for example values. (read more)
- Form fields can now have max characters, validation and can be set to mandatory
- Refined merge document workflow including simple test interface (read more)
- Pinned form fields can now be template form fields
- All new steps driven buyer side workflow (read more)
- Added repeat layout snippets for document wide page styles to be applied by buyers (read more)
- Documents now have a setting if they should change their size according to the DOCUMENT_SIZE form field. DOCUMENT_SIZE form field can now have multiple entries with the same size by adding letters like abc (e.g.10x21a, 10x21b, …) (read more)
- Saved thumbnails now contain non print layers (look exactly like the designers view)
- Template data is now saved encrypted
- Added template title property to control buyer side template name (read more)
- Removed Primary option for documents
Bugfixes & Improvements
- Cropped images are now placed correctly in thumbnail preview images
- Cropped subdocuments output correctly now
- Centered strokes with blendmode normal output as pure stroke without fill (e.g. for die cut lines)
- Added frontend API methods to retrieve and navigate directly to preview steps
- Added auto stepping to preview documents before checkout if they are present in the template
- Fixed mobile device change orientation
- Support for PDF files
Added option to pin form fields to frames (read more)
Define one or more frames as background in buyer side. (read more)
Images files can now be dragged from explorer/finder directly onto a spread in Printess
Warning if a used font or image is being removed - helpful for deleting unused images or fonts
Folders in the open dialog can now be collapsed and last selected folder is focused after reload
Added warning if glyph is missing in font (applies to all text features)
Selecting a frame and pasting a color value like “#ff2234” will now change the primary color of this frame (read more)
Text on path now supports:
New React integration example available on github
Bugfixes & Improvements
- Create new template has now a default page-size set
- Auto Generated global form-fields had still shown up after new template creation
- Fixed wrong selection placement when entering numeric position
- Fixed wrong slider behaviour on length-input-boxes
- Text on path with high distance used to flip the starting point by 180 degrees
- Keyboard handling in buyer-side is fixed, Printess should only grab CTRL+Z, CTRL+Y and “DELETE” key.
- Removed any global CSS pollution
- In some documents the page bar was not showing all pages.
- Page thumbnails where missing on buyer side
- Added New Preference Dialog and options to show image titles and to turn of page thumbnails to increase saving speed in some data heavy documents.
- When leaving the buyer-side Printess now automatically reverts all changes made while buyer-testing. Changes can be recovered pressing “redo” a couple of times.
- Separated buyer-Undo from Designer Undo. Clicking “Undo” in buyer side will never revert changes made in Design-mode.
- Added swagger open api support. click here
- When a font does not define a glyph/character, it will be hidden (no browser font fallback anymore). This applies to single line, multi line and path text.
- Form Fields now show their name and caption in Designer Side
- Color dialog improvements:
If you change the values of the selected color mode it now changes all other color mode values. If you change a channel value in a non selected color, it will not update any values of other channels.
So for example, if you have selected CMYK and change CYAN it will adjust all RGB values, but if you change RED it will not update the CMYK values. (edited)
- Added image-resolution-warning
Printess now shows a warning sign on each image frame which does not meet the required minimum DPI. More details are displayed when the frame is selected.
- Font sometimes had double mentions of their styles like “bold bold”
- Fixed undo/redo behaviour of form fields
- Removed unnecessary undo-steps
- Fixed old-version warning which occasionally pops up even if no changes have been made
- Added user hints to point out some important icons in the toolbar, so you can get much quicker acquainted with the UI.
- Reworked the way how new templates are created, either from scratch or via the “new” templates. When you reload the editor, you will now get a message asking you if you want to continue where you have left. And it’s more obvious now how to open a template in general.
- On the mobile view we have fixed some issues which could cause the UI to temporarily freeze.
- Improved the form-based editing of multi-line text frames and added a handy button to reset all character-styles but keep the paragraph-styles
- Added full support for Spot and CMYK colors in PDF rendering.